This section contains resources to support member SACREs in carrying out their work.
Most documents are provided in pdf format.
Those designed to be used as presentations are in pps (PowerPoint Show) format.
The RETool (see SACRE Management), is in Word format.
All documents can be printed.
Click on the links on the left.
Members' area: log in required. Please refer to your SACRE clerk.
NASACRE support materials
- A joint statement from NASACRE and AREIAC in response to the advice of Dr Satvinder Juss advice re the High Court ruling on religious education (updated)
- A New Settlement: Religion and Belief in Schools: The Rt Hon Charles Clarke and Prof Linda Woodhead's policy initiative and a briefing paper from NASACRE to support SACREs
- The State of the Nation: an analysis of the 2014 NASACRE survey responses
- RE Resources: an advice document on selecting resources and providers
- Teaching Islam after the Charlie Hebdo murders and the Hyper Casher hostage deaths: a statement from NASACRE
- 20+ ideas for SACREs to consider in their meetings
- The writing of an Agreed Syllabus
- Letter to SACREs from Lord Nash
- RE and Academies leaflet
- SACRE chair
- SACRE officers
- Code of conduct
- Development planning
- Annual Reports – what is necessary and desirable in an annual report?
- RETool (Reporting and Evaluating Toolkit)
Effective SACREs: training and support
- SACRE invitation to new members
- SACRE members' handbook - an updated, expanded version of "So You're Joining Your Local SACRE"
- About SACREs
- SACREs and collective worship
- SACREs and religious education
- Agreed syllabus conference
- SACREs and SMSC