What does NASACRE do?
Services NASACRE offers it members
Currently these fall into various categories:
- The annual one day conference and AGM which, in addition to the necessary business items, usually hosts a keynote speaker of national standing, who looks at a contemporary RE issue. More recently, a variety of afternoon forums, seminars or workshops have enabled delegates to share and discuss a range of issues.
- An electronic newsletter SACRE Briefing. This covers both national issues and news from local SACREs. This is produced termly and where the need arises more frequently. SACRE Briefing is sent to all SACREs.
- Access to officers and members of the executive.
- Through a password protected website, comprehensive training and support materials which are regularly updated, together with links to other relevant sites and organisations.
NASACRE also represents the interests of its members at a national level.
What does the executive do on behalf of its members?
- The Executive meets each term to plan events and discuss issues as they arise
- Officers represent the interests of SACREs at meetings of the DfE, and RE Council of England and Wales.
- The Association holds membership of the Religious Education Council of England and Wales and the Inter-Faith Network UK.
- Officers are invited to national conferences, seminars and discussion groups and to contribute to national initiatives such as the 2013 review of religious education
- The Executive committee has close links with the Association of RE Inspectors, Advisers and Consultants (AREIAC) and the The National Association of Teachers of Religious Education (NATRE)